Monday, June 17, 2013

Daddy's First Father's Day

Being that this was Noah's first father's day I wanted to make it super special! I had already told him that his gift was that I was getting his four wheeler professionally tuned up so that he would be ready to take it out on fourth of July. I wanted it to be a surprise but it is difficult to secretly remove a big bright yellow four wheeler from the garage :)

Since his biggest most expensive gift was not a surprise I had to get really creative so that at least a little bit of the day would be a surprise.

So Friday while he was at work and Little Miss was snoozing I made a batch of his favorite cookies: chocolate chip cookies made like his mom makes them...with semi sweet chips. Sick if you ask me. Nothing about chocolate should ever be bitter or semi sweet. I am definitely not a baker, cooking is my thing. Baking is too exact...what happens if you add to much of something while baking...DISASTER. What happens if you are cooking and add to much cheese...No such thing. What happens if you forget a ingredient while baking...DISASTER. What happens if you forget an ingredient when cooking...no big deal, just add it then. However, I must say that after being married to Mr. Wells for nearly five years now and with the help of my Kitchen Aid mixer, I am a pro at chocolate chip cookies, darn near perfect, even without a recipe :) Any who, back on topic, I made the cookies and hid them in a cabinet I knew he wouldn't open.

Then Saturday night at 11:30 while Beemer and Noah were sleeping and I was pumping I made Noah a card from me and a card from his daughter. The card from Blakely included a poem, not gonna a lie, that girl is a genius, the poem is real good.

I finally made it to bed around 1 am and then next morning I got Blakely Bear all dressed in her Father's Day get up and we headed to church.

Side Note: As we were leaving and I was grabbing breakfast on the go I realized I had planned to make Noah his favorite breakfast, cinnamon rolls (from a can, Sorry Grandma Bertie...I don't have time right now to make real ones for your grandson!) But with staying up late working on the cards and the chaos that is a Sunday morning and trying to get myself and Blakely ready and out the door on time, I just completely forgot! Sorry babe!

We had a great time at church and then we headed to my parents for our weekly Sunday Dinner. Of course, in the 1/2 mile drive from church to my parents Blakely had a massive blow out. Noah went to pick her up and surprise....it was all over the carseat, her cothes, her body and now...Noah's shirt. Being that it was Father's Day and all I tried not to get too excited about this. You see....the man hadn't experience a Beemer Blowout yet. It always seemed to happen during the day when I am home by myself.

We ended the day by watching the Nascar race, taking a long walk, and reading Blakely some Good Ole Curious George! I'd call it a success and hopefully he would too!

On a serious note, I am blessed beyond measure to call this man not only my husband but the father of my child. He loves me unconditionally, taking the good, the bad, and the ugly. And let's be honest, probably a whole lot more of the bad and the ugly than he deserves. I have loved this man since the first weekend I went home with him to ride four wheelers (seven years ago next month) and my love has grown more and more every day. However, Father's Day was a reminder of how much my love for him grew on April 20th, 2013 at 4:58 am when Blakely Mae Wells entered our lives and he looked into her eyes. I am certain that there is nothing better than watching him love and care for our daughter.

Happy FIRST Father's Day Daddy! Love, Wifey and The Beemer! 


Yummy Cookies just for the best Daddy a Beemer could have! 

Look at the precious outfit, to bad it ended so messy :(

Blakely's Poem for her Daddy. Not sure how Mommy, I mean Blakely, is going to top this next year! 
Perfect end to a perfect day! Noah read his favorite childhood book to his baby.

This is what happens when Mommy leaves Blakely and Daddy alone. Silly! 

More silly time with Daddy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment