Sunday, January 20, 2013

Preggo Preschool Teacher....

As I am writing this post my wonderful husband has started the baby proofing process by moving all cords and electronic items in our basement TV area out of baby's reach and little girl is practicing ballet and fluttering all over my belly while I am bundled up on the couch with the lazy dog watching Biggest Loser and thinking, I should have done my pregnant lady workout video today but I am just so......tired. I mean tired, not like tired but push through, but tired like go to bed at 7:00 and not wake up til 7:00 the next morning.

I think that has been the hardest part of this pregnancy, the lack of energy and ability to go 24-7 like I am used to. However, I think it is all part of the process (this is me trying to find purpose in why I have been so sick and miserable) and has helped me re-prioritize life, putting family and home time first.

I am fully aware that my job is more taxing and labor intensive than other jobs, but I never realized how much it is til now. I am reminded of my ever growing belly each time I get down on the floor and back up again, which I do like 100 billion times a day! I am amazed at how tired I am by 4:00 when the kiddos are gone and I finally sit down. Pretty much once I am down, I am down.

My co-workers keep getting onto me about picking up and carrying my kiddos but when it is the end of the day and you have a four year in full meltdown and refusing to get on the bus, there is only one option...pick them up and get them out!

My preschoolers are also fully aware of my fully growing belly. When we talk about the seasons and get to spring, they always say "when the grass turns green and your baby comes."

And the questions, they have been interesting....

"Mrs. Wells, how is that baby going to come out?" What I really want to say is "I have been wondering the same thing!" But instead my response is...."God is going to help it." 

"Mrs. Wells, how did the baby get in there?" 
My response... "God put it in there."

"Mrs. Wells, what are you going to name her?" 
So far they have recommended Nikki and Elizabeth.

"Mrs. Wells, where is your baby going to go, it can't come to school?!" My response "Sawyer's house." One of my dear preschooler's mommy is going to watch little girl, a true blessing and answer to prayers!

It has been fun to listen to the conversations they have among themselves and what they think of babies. Both of my classes have one or two kiddos that have expecting mommas so babies and pregnancy are frequently the topic of conversation during free play.

Kasandra likes to draw pictures of me on the board...
notice the baby in my belly :)




Cute note from Logan that came with a sweet gift that included copies of his favorite books for me to read to baby Wells












1 comment:

  1. I am so excited and blessed to get to watch baby girl wells!! Sawyer keeps saying, "the baby girl is getting bigger and stronger, then she is coming to my house." He has a blanket and play mat all ready for her :)
    You take such great care of my baby! It is an honor to be able to help take care of yours!!

    ReplyDelete