Wednesday, August 21, 2013

July's Vacation to MICHIGAN!

We spent the end of July on vacation in Michigan. This was super fun because it was the first time all of my family in Michigan got to meet our sweet girl. It was also Noah's first time in Michigan in the summer so I got to show him all the fun things I grew up doing on vacation as a kid!

My parents, Blakely, and I drove to Michigan, breaking it into two 5-6 hour days by stopping halfway in Illnois. Noah flew up later in the week and then we all made the trip back home together...IN ONE DAY. Side Note: It is totally worth the extra cost of a hotel to make it a two day trip when traveling with an infant. She did awesome on the way there and great on the way back til hour 10. Between a screaming baby and an accidental sightseeing trip to St. Louis (I made a wrong turn) the last 3 hours of the trip were L-O-N-G!

We stayed with my Uncle Maurie and Aunt Cindy and all their kiddos. They spent lots of time loving on my sweet girl! It was precious!
My dear cousin Jenn and the adorable Blakely with her sunglasses.

My cousin Adam was a little afraid of Blakely at first but by the end
he was tickling her feet and loved watching her swing!


Isn't he just the sweetest?

Bradley, the baby of the cousins, was completely comfortable holding her.

Ryan was a little less than comfortable with a baby in his hands!

 
 We also got to go to the BEACH! Because we had always gone to Michigan for Christmas, this was Noah's first time to experience Lake Michigan. When we pulled up to Grand Haven State Park and walked up to the beach Noah's comment was  "Oh, I didn't know you meant like a beach, beach. I thought it would be like the Lake of the Ozarks." My response was "Haha..No Babe, I meant like a beach, like the ocean!" We had a great time. Noah is still questioning why we live in Kansas.

Beemer loved her some beach as well, as long as we didn't put her feet in the cold water; the temperature in Michigan dropped that week and the water temperature did as well so it was unusually cold!

is she not the cutest?

trying it out....

you can't see her face but she is less than pleased :)

The mommy and daddy got to walk the pier while
 the Papa watched the grandbaby!

Isn't it beautiful? One of my favorite places in the world!
We had lots of fun! Here are some pictures of our fun adventures!
Happy Girl on vacation.

Photo with momma, we don't have too many of those!

girlfriend loves just chillin' in the shades!

Fishing with Papa

morning kisses from daddy.
one of my favorite pictures. EVER!

such a good traveler, slept lots!

seriously, she loves her some sunglasses!

We had a great family vacation and made lots of fun memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment